This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For many of us BU students, we like to keep ourselves busy, and often struggle to simply let go of our work. I’m no stranger to this bad workaholic habit. My therapist once asked me if I liked to watch Netflix, you know, to “relax.”

Although her question was slightly offensive, we should all strive to follow her advice and enjoy some well-deserved rest. But the good news is, you can find a lot to do besides watching Netflix and eating non-dining hall food (catch me screaming at the sight of French bread). Here are 10 fun things you can do to kick off summer!

Make a scrapbook with photos.

If you already miss your friends from college, start a scrapbook! Look through the 15649 photos from the past school year and print out your favorites. Decorate your scrapbook with washi tape and get creative with your collages! You could even do a color-themed scrapbook — light pink, anyone?

Visit old friends.

Visit friends that you haven’t seen in months or years, like friends from middle or elementary school! It can be intimidating to reach out at first, but it’s super fun to meet some old friends again. Ask them what they’re up to nowadays, and bond over childhood memories.

Go to an amusement park.

I’m not the biggest fan of rollercoasters, but the overall atmosphere of amusement parks is exhilarating! If you’re anything like me, feel free to stay away from the crazy rides. Instead, grab some cotton candy and have fun on old carousels and ferris wheels!

Go to a local music festival.

If you find yourself obsessing over Coachella outfits and listening to alternative music often, try and find a music festival near you! So many small local festivals happen all summer long, and you can find cheap tickets easily. It’s an awesome way to support small artists, have a great time with your friends, and take some really cool photos!

Try a new makeup look.

Summer is the perfect time to experiment and perfect your makeup skills! With all the free time on your hands, you can go out with your friends and have a photoshoot to showcase your new look. Try one of these tutorials to get awesome looks with Too Faced’s Sweet Peach palette!

Make a killer smoothie.

When it gets hot outside, making smoothies helps beat the heat and will leave you feeling refreshed. Get creative and try one of the 10 healthy smoothie recipes here!

Treat yourself to a coffee table book about art.

Coffee table books are the perfect way to enjoy art from the comfort of your own home. Make yourself some iced coffee, put on a fancy outfit just because, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon reading. If you’re into fashion, give this book a try. It’s a compilation of Vogue Cover Art, which also includes five new frameable Vogue cover prints that can be removed from the back of the book.

Go outdoors.

Sometimes it’s as simple as stepping outside your house and driving for a couple of miles to find a beach or a grass field to have a picnic. Breathe in, breathe out, and take in that vitamin D. You could even show your love for nature through community service, by picking up trash on the beach or helping plant trees.

Make a vision board.

Whenever you need a fresh start, it’s nice to set goals and find inspiration. Making a vision board at the beginning of the summer will help you keep track of the adventures you want to go on and the energy you want to carry with you. Look for quotes and pictures on We Heart It and Tumblr and use this complete guide to make your vision board. It’s time to get creative!

Spend some quality time with family.

After spending a year in college, chances are you fell out of touch with your close or extended family. Once finals are over, give your cousins or nephews a call to plan a get-together! Whether you end up going shopping or having coffee, tell your family about your life in college, show them tons of cute pictures, and ask them how they’re doing!

If you need more ideas of things to do, check out this amazing bucket-list style book with 1000 ideas of adventures for you to go on. Happy summer ladies!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ariane is a senior at Boston University pursuing a dual degree in Journalism and Political Science with a minor in Public Relations. She loves exploring coffee shops and hanging out at the Harbor. When she's not writing and editing for Her Campus, Ariane talks about women's achievements on her radio show "Ladies of History."
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.