10 Desk Décor Ideas to Spruce Up the Study Space

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Getting the motivation to sit down at your desk and study is already nearly impossible. How can we concentrate when we are busy falling for fall? Taking a glimpse at your study space, barren with some stray broken pens and empty gum wrappers, ruins any chance you have at being productive. These 10 décor ideas probably won’t make studying any easier, but they might make you just a little bit happier amidst that homework grind.

1. Bring a little nature into the room to juxtapose with the cinderblock dorm walls. You may be stuck inside on the nicest day ever, but at least you have a cactus.

2.  Feel some control over your schedule with a cute calendar. If you write down events and assignments, that’s half the battle right there.

3.  Make those broken pens look good by getting a delightful pencil jar. Contain the mess and avoid the stressThink about it: If everything is held together, your sanity will follow suit.

4. Light! Brighten your work space as if someone from up above is smiling down on you, giving you the power to persevere.

5. Buy some adorable office supplies, regardless of the functionalities. Who doesn’t need a magnifying glass? No shame, Cumberbeaches.

6. Get inspired with Beyoncé quotes. Queen B did homework at one point, which means you can too.

7. Support your bum with comfy cushions! A sore butt means a sore attitude.

8. Color your wall with…wallpaper! Sorry, I’m not sure sharpie on dorm walls is acceptable. If you have your own place, go for it. 

9. Surround yourself in more color, starting from the bottom (Drake would be proud) by adding a rug.

10. Remind yourself of what truly matters with some pictures of the people who wouldn’t dare to keep you busy with work. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.