This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Quarantine is a great time to tap into your artistic abilities and make some cute art! I bought a bunch of paint and canvases before going into quarantine because I knew I’d have so much time to paint. Here are some cute ideas on what to paint.

Animals

Draw your favorite animal, but use some creative colors to make it pop!

The Sky

Paint the sky in all its glory. From sunsets to the northern lights, there are so many things you could do.

Favorite Artwork

Recreate your favorite iconic painting, like the Great Wave or Starry Night. Soon enough, you’ll have your own masterpiece hanging in your house!

Favorite Character

Paint a cute character from your favorite television show or movie! If you’re a beginner, go with a cartoon or animation, since those will be way easier to paint. 

The City

From the New York City skyline to the canals in Venice, there are so many beautiful cities to choose from!

Lyrics

Paint your favorite lyric and its deeper meaning.

Fruit

Painting some fruit is such an easy and cute design to pull off!

Flowers

Paint some of your favorite flowers to keep you sane while you’re stuck indoors!

Quotes

Go the minimalistic route and just have a little word or quote in the middle of your painting.

Get Crafty

If you don’t have a canvas then paint on yourself or your family! Or paint some furniture like your mirror or desk.

I’m no artist, but these are some things that inspire me to paint. Painting is a great activity to do if you’re ever bored in quarantine. If you don’t know where to start, here are some ideas!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Caele (pronounced Kay-lee) is a senior at Boston University studying Advertising and Spanish. She loves books, film, music, photography, food, traveling, fashion, and beauty. Before COVID-19, you could usually find her on the MBTA or in a coffee shop.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.