This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In a college girl’s wardrobe, reusing what you have is the only way to stay on a budget. It would be impossible to get by those busy weeks without throwing on your favorite jeans once or twice (or maybe three times) and studying would be way to hard if you had to worry about an uncomfortable outfit and your schoolwork. There is an easy solution to this problem. Who says you can’t wear your favorite jeans or sweaters more than once? Although it may not feel like winter outside, sweaters are still a must for layering, cold classrooms, and for those windy days. Now, you can be your own stylist, and with this guide, you can learn how to wear the most necessary item this winter in 3 different ways.

1.The casual weekday outfit
:
This outfit is great for class or for just going to the dining hall with friends. The key to this outfit, no matter what shirt you wear under it, or whatever jacket you may put on top, is that its simple and doesn’t get much more comfortable then jeans and a sweater. Flats and a necklace are easy finishing touches. Overall, this outfit wont take you more than five minutes to throw together.

2.The flirty weekend outfit
:
Here, this sweater dresses down what some may consider a fancier look. This look incorporates comfort with elements of style that are all on trend this season. Pleated skirts, animal prints, and Frye boots make this outfit fun and daring. Don’t be afraid to put two bold colors like blue and red together. Color blocking is in style!

3.The party outfit
:
Lastly, use this sweater AGAIN when transitioning from day to night, and wear it for a night out! Change up your jeans from a lighter wash to a darker wash to give it a more formal feel. Under the sweater, add a long tank, or my favorite a peplum styled shirt for some flare peeking out. Metallic or neon heels add a great pop of color to finish this look off!

Sweater: H&M $15

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.