This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

One of the greatest things about warmer weather is finally breaking out your summer clothes! There are so many cute options to wear during the summertime; here are some of the trends you’ll be seeing a lot of, and that you can pick up for yourself as well this coming season!

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Pastels

Although pastels are usually thought of for spring, summer is a wonderful time to wear them as well. These light colors look great on dresses, shorts, necklaces or even shoes! Forever 21 has some adorable options; their dresses, in particular, come in tons of sizes and lengths.

Florals

This is another spring trend that can make the transition to summer easily. Grab a floral dress, bag or piece of jewelry, and you’re all set!

Bodysuits

This trend can be a bit tricky to wear, but it looks amazing if styled in a way that makes you feel confident! They can be worn under a pair of shorts, pencil skirt or jeans. For cooler nights (or cool weather in general), throw over a cardigan or oversized sweater! H&M and Aerie have some really cute bodysuits.

Sneakers

One of my favorite shoes to wear, sneakers are great for the warmer months. Pair them with denim shorts and a t-shirt, and you’ve got a go-to summer outfit! These can be bought in a ton of different colors; I personally prefer white ones, but since they get dirty easier than other colors, darker sneakers are great as well.

These are some of the main trends that’ll be around for summer 2018. What trends are you anticipating?

Samantha is a sophomore at Bryn Mawr College majoring in English. She's originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and can confirm that the winters are just as cold as you've heard. She's passionate about books, writing, girls' education, and Harry Styles. If she's not in class, you can find her studying in the library, grabbing brunch with her friends, or taking a yoga class. If you want to read Samantha's past work, you can find it on the Her Campus Bryn Mawr section.
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.