This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Last year, I was in England studying abroad so I missed the fall semester. While it was the best time of my life, there’s a lot to look forward to about being home this fall.

The Falling Leaves

Bryn Mawr is beautiful in the fall with all the red leaves covering Taylor Drive. There’s just this autumn vibe that doesn’t exist during any of the other parts of the year. There’s also the smell of fall that probably comes from the leaves. England had autumn, but it just wasn’t the same—and it was raining all the time.

Thanksgiving

I can’t tell you how excited I am to be home for Thanksgiving this year. Last year in England, my flatmates and I celebrated the holiday with a “friendsgiving.” We cooked food and had a potluck so I wasn’t so homesick. It was a perfectly fine substitute for being with my family and friends back home but this coming one is sure to be special after being away from home.  

Christmas at Home

Although my semester abroad finished in mid-December, I wanted to travel around Europe during the holidays with my family. It was so great to be back with my family and relax after socializing with my flatmates for long stretches of time and the sightseeing was a lot of fun. However, this year, I’m really looking forward to having my own Christmas tree and opening lots of presents.