Image of White Rabbit\'s Cotton Pads
Image of White Rabbit\'s Cotton Pads
Original photo by Cassie DeVera
Style > Beauty

The Skincare Essentials You Need to Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

I’ve always loved multipurpose products. Functional and efficient, these kinds of products often save you time and money; what’s not to love about them? Needless to say, I’m a huge fan of these versatile cotton pads from White Rabbit that not only act as cotton pads but also as a DIY sheet mask and mask filter. 

In comparison with standard drugstore cotton rounds, the White Rabbit cotton pads are far superior in quality. While drugstore cotton rounds often pill, tear, and harshly tug at your skin, these are extremely soft, strong, and gentle. The fact that they don’t pill is a huge plus for me since I’ve always disliked having to remove cotton round remains from my face. These rectangular pads are also larger than standard cotton rounds, meaning there’s more surface area to work with; if you typically use two cotton rounds, you’ll likely end up only needing one rectangular pad to get the job done! There are 200 pads per box, so one box should last you quite a while. The normal pads are best for essence application and DIY sheet mask creation, and the perforated pads are best for toner and micellar water applications. All pads are made of 100% pure, natural, untreated cotton and are free of synthetic materials, chemicals, and pigmentation. 

Now, let’s discuss the many ways you can use these pads. One of the most common ways to use the pads is to pair them with a toner; simply apply a few drops to the pad and swipe it across your face. As the pads soak up a very minimal amount of product, you get more of your money’s worth from the toner since you don’t need to apply as much as you would if you applied it to a regular cotton round. Another common way to use the pads is to pair them with micellar water to remove your makeup. These are both steps that should be in your daily skincare routine, and using these pads often will ensure that you’re getting the maximum use and benefit out of your products.

There are also several unique ways to use these cotton pads. If you struggle with puffiness, you can soak a few pads in your favorite toner or essence, apply them to the desired areas of your face, and you have a DIY sheet mask! For an extra boost, I like to add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to increase skin radiance and brightness. If you struggle with acne, you can also soak a few pads in green tea, a common ingredient found in many skincare products designed to calm and soothe irritated skin. Make sure to let the green tea cool completely in the fridge, and then you can apply it to your skin for 5-10 minutes. A similar process can be used to create a DIY sheet mask with your favorite liquid serum as well.

Finally, given the current circumstances of the world, one of the most useful ways to use these pads is as an extra mask filter. I like to add 1-2 normal pads to the inside of my face mask, and this not only adds a layer of protection, but it also acts as a barrier between your skin and the face mask to help prevent skin congestion and breakouts. 

Overall, I highly recommend that you try these cotton pads out! I really appreciate how White Rabbit is truly committed to making premium, high-quality products. In addition to being cruelty-free, the brand makes its cotton pads 100% biodegradable as well. I’ve always preferred to buy from brands that promote natural products and ethical standards, and White Rabbit is definitely high up on my list of ethical skincare brands. You can purchase a box of normal or perforated pads on Amazon and use 15HERCAMPUS for 15% off! You won’t be disappointed :)

Cassie DeVera

Bryn Mawr '21

Senior at Bryn Mawr College studying computer science and philosophy. Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus and Head Technology Portfolio Analyst of the Investment Club.