This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

As a Seven (Siblings) Committee Representative here at Bryn Mawr, I’m delighted to share that we will be beginning a Buddy Matching Program in April to “develop more sense of community and collaboration between the Seven Siblings.” A form will be sent out via the Daily Digest and social media platforms. Please look for it in your inbox soon! Below I’ve highlighted some of the areas we will be looking at to match students. What’s better than a summer of fun chatting with another student from Barnard, Smith, Mount Holyoke and Wellesley Colleges (maybe sitting at the pool or beach while doing so)? I’ll certainly be asking for book recommendations from my match for the summer months!

First Section: Zodiac, Personality Type, Post-Grad Plans & More!

The survey asks what you prefer to be matched upon: major, hobbies/personal interest, hometown, post-graduate plans or zodiac sign. You can select any of these. It even allows you to select if you would like to be matched with someone with a similar MBTI personality type as you. It’s also helpful that you can be matched with students in the same academic study as you to discuss your academic and/or career paths. 

Second Section: Identity 

The survey then asks you to select what aspect of your identity you would want to be matched on if you would like to be matched based on shared identities. It asks if you are a first-generation college student, a low-income college student, an international student, your gender identity, your sexual orientation, and ethnicity. 

Third Section: Fun Extra Questions

One of the most beautiful parts of attending a Seven Siblings School is the traditions that each College has. This section asks you to list your favorite tradition at your school and why you selected a historically women’s college. It also asks your dream job and if you are a morning or evening person, because, well, who knows if you will be up to chat by the pool over the summer! 

Please have fun with this survey, and I, on behalf of the Seven (Siblings) Committee look forward to matching you with your perfect match!

Ava Cappitelli

Bryn Mawr '24

Hi, my name is Ava! I am a junior at Bryn Mawr studying Art History and English. I am interested in arts journalism, lifestyle photography and design.