Emily from Emily in Paris
Emily from Emily in Paris
Darren Star Productions
Style

Outfit Inspiration from Netflix’s Emily in Paris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

The Netflix series Emily in Paris, which tells the story of an American girl working at a marketing firm in Chicago that relocates to Paris to provide an “American” perspective to the Parisian fashion industry, is full of colorful, well-put-together outfits. One cannot watch the show without taking into account the colorful, aesthetic clothing actress Lily Collins sports on her journeys in Paris.

Greens

Echoing a preppy-esque style, the use of pattern (plaid) and a scarf frames Collin’s face and offsets the pop of kelly green.

Florals & Lipstick

Matching your floral bouquet with your jacket and lipstick is a must. Can’t forget the coffee as well to complete the aesthetic.

Statement Bag

When paired with a more casual outfit, a statement crossbody can add a touch of elegance to your everyday style. Sometimes it feels good with a pared-down outfit to quickly grab a statement bag on-the-go. Pictured, Collins wears a classic Chanel crossbody with a twist — one that is peacock blue.

Rainy Sunday Throw-Ons

Collins wears an oversized sweater and bright yellow rain boots. Sounds like a perfect Sunday outfit to me. Next time when you throw on sweatpants on a Sunday, try to incorporate one pop of color, whether that be in your hair tie, earrings, or shoes.

For more outfit inspiration and ways to style outfits like Emily, click here

Ava Cappitelli

Bryn Mawr '24

Hi, my name is Ava! I am a junior at Bryn Mawr studying Art History and English. I am interested in arts journalism, lifestyle photography and design.