Not Valentine’s Day… Galentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Originated by everyone’s favorite Parks and Rcreation employee, Leslie Knope, Galentine’s Day takes place on February 13th. This holiday is meant to celebrate your lady friends and show them just how much you appreciate them. Usually celebrated with a girls’ brunch out, here are three thing you for sure need in order to host the perfect Galentine’s brunch!

1. Bright, festive, girly invitations!

Together, you and your female friends are up for anything. Whether it’s tearing down the patriarchical system or releasing your inner dancing queen at a party, your clique is ready. Celebrate in style this Galentine’s Day with cute invitations!

2. Cute decor for your venue!

Check out this spread and other tips from this Brit+Co blog article!

It doesn’t have to be fancy by any means. Your college budget will thank you for a quick trip to the local Rite-Aid for Valentine decor, and you’re besties will understand. After all, you did go through all the trouble of setting it up and inviting them in the first place! Just remember to keep it simple; this day is about celebrating your friendship {not about how much you spend}.

3. A sweet menu!

Again, the source is the same Brit+Co article from above.

Leslie Knope love, love, loves waffles! A cute waffle bar with all kinds of toppings is sure to impress. But again, this can be as simple or as fancy as you want to make it. Depending on what you want to do, you can host and make everything yourself or you can just go out to a local diner and celebrate there. It’s up to you!

If you’re not into the brunch scene, there’s lots of other ways to celebrate with your gal pals. Maybe a night out on the town with all the single ladies, or a movie night sleepover everyone can participate in. Either way, take Galentine’s Day to treat yo’self to great friends, great food, and great times!

Just a girl who somehow has her whole life planned and still feels out of control!