This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

This has been the first toner I’ve really committed to using. While I haven’t been using it for very long, from the reviews I’ve read, I’m confident that it’s doing something!

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

I seem to be on a The Ordinary kick these days—their prices are too good to beat and most of their products get unbelievably high reviews. Recently, I learned that people with acne-prone skin (like me) should avoid traditional exfoliants for their faces. Exfoliating this way spreads bacteria all over your face, causing new breakouts to sprout up. Instead, a chemical peel is the way to go. I chose this one from The Ordinary. You apply it weekly for ten minutes and ten minutes only (it stings quite a bit, so I don’t want to imagine what would happen if you leave it on longer than recommended). I haven’t been using this for long enough to see too many results either, but my skin is so soft after I use it, and I think some acne scars are beginning to fade.

Pat McGrath Mini LUST: Gloss Trio

I got this set as a gift from my aunt for my birthday. I hadn’t heard of this brand before I got them (it’s been a while since I’ve kept up with all the beauty brands that come and go), but the packaging was adorable and the products themselves are excellent. I’m not a huge lipgloss wearer, but these are so moisturizing, not too shiny, and really pigmented.

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream

This product is perfect for those all-nighters that come with back to school season. I notice an immediate brightening of my under-eye area when I apply it, and it feels kind of luxurious to apply an eye cream :D. It’s a bit pricey ($27.50), but a little goes a long way, so you’ll have it forever.

Maria Bohan

Bryn Mawr '21

I'm a Bryn Mawr College junior who still gets excited about the little things in life. English major/Education minor.