This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Anita is a Junior at Bryn Mawr College and my Hall Advisor in the Enid Cook 31′ Center.

When asked about her major and the reason why she decided to pick that major Anita responded:

Psychology, I love to know why people think they way they do, and what influenced their thinking to make the decisions they made. It is great learning about the factors that play a role in human’s decisions-making skills and their lifestyles.

What are you involved in on Campus ?

I am a Hall Advisor for the Enid Cook Center, I am the Co-President of Bryn Mawr African-Caribbean Student Organization (BACaSO), Mindful Meditation and the Business Initiative Group (BIG). I am a tour guide as well as a Teaching and Learning Institute Student Consultant for professors.

Anita’s most memorable experience at Bryn Mawr was being granted the opportunity to go my home country, Ghana, for the summer and work on community development issues with my colleagues as we worked together to think of ways to not only praise what has been accomplished but discuss ways we can make the communities much stronger.

When asked about favorite food in the dining hall Anita said:

” Besides tea? Haha I love the chefs/staff workers in the dining hall they bring joy and happiness to the atmosphere. Always pleasant.”

Her favorite study spot is in her room on the floor. She feels more grounded and more focused on what she need to get done.

Tips for a First year:

Always have an open mind. College is always about trying things and pushing yourself to do things you normally wouldn’t do. It is always a great experience to have and you never know what you might like or what you might end up pursuing unless you walk in with an open mindset ;).

Anita is currently in Japan doing a 360 Cluster . When asked about her time there she responded:

I love it so much! I am in the Contemplative Traditions 360, and I am currently in Japan applying the things that I learned in the classroom setting to the places (temples, shrines, mountains) I am visiting. Practicing meditation with trained instructors and getting the actual experience in what I love most is breath taking and such an eye opener. I love it so much and deeply appreciate the people, the food, culture everything!

When asked about her plans after BMC Anita Said:

After BMC, I am not certain of where exactly or what exactly I might do, but I am looking forward to exploring ways I can  be an educational management consultant specifically in Ghana and how I can link that relationship between US and Ghana to make it a fruitful and prosperous education experience.