How to Make Your Room Cozy this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Fall is upon us, which means it’s time to redecorate your room and make it cozy for the cooler weather. Here are some super simple ways to jazz up your room and get you in the mood for fall!

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Pumpkins

Whether they’re real or fake, big or small, they’ll instantly remind you that it’s fall (and almost jack-o-lantern season!) and add some color to your room.

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

Air fresheners/Room sprays

Bath and Body Works is the superstore for seasonal scents. Since candles aren’t typically allowed in dorms, opt for “wallflower” plug-in air fresheners or room sprays to make your room smell like pumpkin spice, apple cider or whatever your heart desires.

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Autumnal Mood Board

The leaves outside may not be falling yet, but you can create a little mood board or collage of fall themed pictures (autumn leaves, coffee, pumpkins, sweaters you name it) to tie you over!

Photo by Chris Lawton

Garlands

If your walls are looking a little bare, make a DIY garland. Buy some fake leaves from the craft store and glue them along some twine to create a cute fall garland, or go foraging for real leaves! You can also add string lights for a little “something extra.”

Photo by Olivia Henry

Fireplace Screensaver

Set your laptop screensaver to a moving image of a crackling fireplace. You can also play one of those five hour long fireplace YouTube videos to create a relaxing background for working on homework. I don’t know about you, but I love the sound of the fire crackling–it’s so soothing!

These are just a few ideas to get you started on the ultimate Instagram-worthy room this fall!

Math major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of coffee and cardamom buns
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.