A Holiday Playlist Sure to Rock Any Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Now that the leaves are changing and the air is getting crisper, it’s time that everyone get into the holiday spirit. To help, here’s a playlist with some great holiday songs that can be played during any time of the season.

Photo courtesy of StockSnap

“Hallelujah” – Pentatonix

Although this song has been covered a million times, Pentatonix’s version from their third Christmas album, A Pentatonix Christmas, is by far the greatest. The harmonies, the chords and the arrangements are sure to give you goosebumps after every listen.

“Jingle Bell Rock” – Daryl Hall & John Oates

A classic song that will be sure the get everyone singing and dancing. No one can resist this holiday classic.

“Santa Tell Me” – Ariana Grande

Although not a common song on holiday playlists, Grande’s pop musical genre and energetic tune is sure to keep your party going and create an uplifting mood.

“That’s Christmas to Me” – Pentatonix

Yes, I know, they’re here again. I can’t help it – all Pentatonix’s holiday songs are fantastic. But this one fills a person with that nostalgic feeling that only the holidays can bring and is sure to make everyone feel grateful for where they are.

“Santa Baby” – Kylie Minogue

This song is here for if you need a moment to slow things down. It’s upbeat enough that the mood won’t die, but it will also give everyone a moment to sit back and enjoy the tunes for a minute.

“Last Christmas” – Wham!

One of the catchiest Christmas songs out there and probably the most famous. Everyone will be singing it all night!

“Text Me Merry Christmas” – Straight No Chaser (feat. Kristen Bell)

This song does not get enough recognition. A modern-day Christmas love song about texting. It’s funny, fresh and sure to make everyone smile at least once.

“Feliz Navidad” – José Felicano

Just when you thought the party couldn’t get any better, it does. This song, like so many of the others, gets people on their feet and dancing, having the best time of their lives.

“It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” – Michael Bublé

Like most of the songs here, it’s classic. And Michael Bublé is the king of Christmas, so he should be here at least once.

And finally:

“All I Want for Christmas Is You” – Mariah Carey

This song is incredible. Enough said.

Now that you have this, go out and rock on! And remember, it’s never too early to start playing holiday music!

Emma Regan

Bryn Mawr '20

Emma is a junior and originally from South Plainfield, NJ. She is an English major at Bryn Mawr and hopes to one day become a librarian. She is the Archivist of Mujeres* at Bryn Mawr, works as a supervisor at the dining hall and circulation desk at the library, and loves to read, listen to music, and hike.  
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.