element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Holiday Gift Guide 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

It’s been a long semester and a very tiring year, but the good news is that the holiday season has finally arrived! I love putting out holiday gift guides and find these very helpful when shopping for gifts for my own friends and family. Here’s a quick roundup of a few products that you can purchase for anyone who loves tech, coffee, makeup or haircare:

For the Tech Lover: Sonix Pearl Tort Portable Charger

This aesthetically pleasing portable charger is the perfect gift, not just for tech lovers, but for anyone, really. It provides 24 hours of additional battery life and is compatible with iPhones, Samsung phones, Google phones, tablets and other USB charging devices. It’s slim, lightweight and also includes a Sonix 1-year warranty. This is an extremely practical gift that anyone would appreciate and definitely use.

For the Coffee-Loving Friend: Milk Frother

I’m sure you’ve caught on to the whipped coffee trend by now, but have you also tried making whipped matcha or hot chocolate? Instead of using a traditional hand whisk, you can use this milk frother to achieve those firm peaks and get the same desired result much faster.

For the COVID-Conscious Friend: Beyond UV+O3 Sanitizing Box- Black

This is the priciest item on this gift guide, but it’s also probably the most useful given the current state of the world. This Beyond UV+O3 Sanitizing Box has an antimicrobial interior and exterior and uses ultraviolet light and ozone to sanitize your products and kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. It’s double the depth of most UV sterilization boxes and can fit sunglasses, keys, face masks, phones and even makeup brushes. It also includes a USB-A and USB-C power port so your phone can charge while being sterilized. This is definitely a must-have for anyone who’s particularly COVID-conscious and wants to ensure that their personal belongings are free of bacteria. It’s super simple and easy to use; just turn it on, pop your items inside, leave them for ten minutes and you’re good to go.

For the Makeup Lover: Kosas Velvet Melon Color and Light Cream Palette

This cream blush and highlighter duo is perfect for any makeup-loving friend. Kosas is one of my all-time favorite clean beauty brands, and none of their products ever disappoint. Velvet Melon is described as a warm peach cream color, and it’s very blendable and natural-looking. It’s formulated with apricot kernel seed oil, rosehip seed oil and jojoba seed oil to restore, brighten, clarify, soothe and balance your skin! One of my favorite things about Kosas is that their face products all double as skincare and makeup, so you can be confident that their products are all working to improve your skin while also giving you a natural, dewy pop of color.

For the Haircare Lover: Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo

No. 4 is “a highly moisturizing, reparative shampoo that leaves hair easy to manage, shiny, and healthier with each use.” I’m someone who prefers to keep my haircare routine as simple as possible, and I think this shampoo really does it all. It “repairs and maintains bonds within the hair, eliminates frizz and flyaways, and reduces breakage.” This is a great gift for anyone who wants healthy, shiny hair. Who wouldn’t want that? 

For the Haircare Lover: Authentic Beauty Concept Glow Touch

Glow Touch has quickly become one of my favorite hair styling products. This is a fine “aerosol spray mist that provides radiance” and truly leaves your hair looking glowing. It also doubles as a heat protectant up to 450° and does not weigh your hair down or leave it looking oily. I’ve tried plenty of hair oils and hair oil sprays in the past that claimed to provide similar results, but this is the best one I’ve tried thus far. After a few spritzes of this, your hair looks like a healthy, soft, shiny and smooth dream.

Cassie DeVera

Bryn Mawr '21

Senior at Bryn Mawr College studying computer science and philosophy. Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus and Head Technology Portfolio Analyst of the Investment Club.