This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

As the weather on Bryn Mawr’s campus becomes crisp and the leaves slowly begin to change color, one can’t help but get in the Fall spirit. Pumpkins, apple cider, pies, and mums fill the local farmer’s market and campus pathways. The light begins to change and the chilliness drives all of us inside to sit down with a warm cup of tea in our rooms. Dorms like Denbigh, Rhoads, and the Pems have beautiful fireplaces and bay window seats waiting to be decorated with assorted fall decor. I have fully immersed myself in the Fall spirit, and am here to provide personal tips for how to go about decorating these cute spaces.

Knit Pumpkins and Acorns

My bay window and fireplace mantle are filled with small orange and white knit pumpkins. Spritz by Target sells these, in addition to knit acorns. A fun alternative is buying mini pumpkins and decorating them with black sharpie to play on the Halloween orange and black theme.

Pumpkin Garland

Spritz™️ by Target sells garlands, felt or pom-pom, that are perfect to hang on your fireplace. I have one with multi-colored felt pumpkins in pink, orange, and green. I recommend using Command strips that are special for hanging string lights. Michaels also sells leaf garlands in different colors: yellow, orange, green, red and brown.

Collaged Photographs

A fun way to spice up your walls is to create a collage of aesthetic fall photographs and quotes from online templates or personal photos. These can be placed on your walls or on your cork board hung on the exterior of your front door. My friend has a stunning display of photos that cover the entirety of this cork board. I love to use the app Canva for all my collages.

Download the app here (it’s free)!

Ava Cappitelli

Bryn Mawr '24

Hi, my name is Ava! I am a junior at Bryn Mawr studying Art History and English. I am interested in arts journalism, lifestyle photography and design.