This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Name: Elliott Mutschlecner

Hometown: Steven’s Point, Wisconsin

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Year: 2019

Major: Sociology – Gender & Sexuality

Ask anyone around campus and you will find that everyone has a common feeling about Elliott – he is the most positive and most fun person possible. Elliott, a fun and down to earth guy, shares his experiences of life at Bryn Mawr College, as well as the next best thing to watch on Netflix. His passion for life and the people within it shows through his immense energy throughout the interview.

Photo Provided By: Elliott Mutschlecner

What first attracted you to Bryn Mawr College? I’ve been interested in attending a women’s college since I was little. My grandmother, mom, aunts, sisters, and cousins all went to one, but I didn’t decide to go just because of tradition. It was because I see how this kind of education has empowered and educated the women in my life. Bryn Mawr seemed to have a large focus on social justice issues through classroom discussion and “teas.”

What is your favorite thing about Bryn Mawr? Being surrounded by people who are really passionate about diverse things like major issues they care about or a unique sport or acting in the Shakespeare troupe. It’s not a bad thing for people here to care about things.

What is your favorite class, so far? Why? My Emily Balch Seminar, The Wandering I. I think that Pim Higginson, the prof, is super rad and has some interesting point of views. I enjoy the work. It’s a mixture of literary analysis and writing, and the topics have been intriguing.

What are your plans for fall break? I plan on having a “Walden” inspired 10 days of break. I’m going to the library, renting a whole bunch of books, and relaxing in my room to inspire my writing. When my roommate gets back, we are going to have a Halloween themed movie marathon.

If you could stay one age forever, what would it be? Age 9 – it was a time of curiosity where you didn’t have complete control, but had some independence. It was still a fun time to be a kid.

What is your favorite word? Spunky

What is your passion? I think for me I’m mostly a dabbler, but my most consistent passion is people. I’m passionate about seeing them smile and laugh. I’m passionate about learning what they’re passionate about. I want so badly to appreciate the complexities of human nature and to relate with others as much as I can in my short time on earth.

What is your favorite thing to watch on Netflix? Okay so favorite thing to watch, hmm? I’d say it’s a mix between Parks and Rec, and The Office, but it’s also fun to find really weird stuff on there. Once I watched a short 1918 silent German film that was called I Don’t Want To Be A Man, and it was quite interesting.

What is your favorite creation/menu item at the dining halls? From the milkshakes machines in Haffner: applesauce + strawberries + peaches + milk + ice cream