Listicle Item 5 Smell Garments?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Listicle Item 5 Smell Garments?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Comfy & Cozy Statement Pieces to Wear This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Fall is here, and so are cozy sweaters, wool mittens and way too many cups of hot apple cider. Here are the best pieces to wear when you want to stay warm and stand out on campus.

Embellished sweaters

Sweaters are a fall staple and a perfect statement piece to add to your collection. Bright, vibrant colors like hot pink, saffron yellow or burnt orange are popular this fall, and so are chunky wool fabrics and unique textures that will help make your outfits feel eye-catching and colorful. 

Besides vivid colors, another sweater trend has had a resurgence: bold patterns and embellishments. Vintage sweaters with beautiful geometric patterns are making a comeback, and so are more modern designs—the quintessential cloud sweater has been taking over clothing sites like Asos and Depop for the past month. If cloud designs aren’t your thing, sites like Asos and H&M have plenty of unique pieces to make your outfits stand out—from clothing embellished with pearls to funky, fuzzy sweaters and unique retro designs.

Textured shirts

Textured shirts are also a great way to incorporate statement pieces into your fall wardrobe. Some long-sleeved shirts, like ones made out of satin, are warm and reflect light beautifully, shining even in locations with dim lighting. And wearing a neutral-colored satin shirt, especially when paired with gold jewelry, can help make your skin and hair glow. 

Another fabric option is velvet, which, like satin, seems to absorb large amounts of light and become very reflective. However, velvet is usually much warmer and can be equally as soft as satin. A velvet top in a bold color (like dark red, forest green or deep blue) would help make an amazing outfit for both everyday classes and winter parties.

Suede coats

Suede coats are a perfect addition to everyone’s fall closet. Effortlessly chic and amazingly soft, they make it easy to stay warm and look fashionable around campus. Although suede coats are usually found in neutral colors like brown or tan, you can also sometimes spot them in vivid colors like hot pink, bright red and emerald green—which make the perfect conversation piece around campus.

wool vests

Similar to what’s happening with patterned sweaters, wool vests are also having a dramatic comeback. Probably the cutest addition to your outfits, vests are one of the best ways to keep yourself warm when you’re walking from class to class. Vibrant designs, especially ones with argyle patterns, stripes or retro prints will be sure to stand out in a crowd.

patterned skirts

Wool skirts with brightly colored patterns and textures are another statement trend. Perfect when paired with a sweater vest or blouse, these skirts will keep you warm and stylish throughout the fall. Clothing selling sites like eBay, Depop and Poshmark have a wide variety of vintage wool skirts, so take advantage of deals when you can before the fall weather comes to an end!