Style > Beauty

Celebrating Individuality with Function of Beauty’s Personalized Hair Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

The new “it” thing in beauty is personalization, and Function of Beauty definitely has this “it” factor in the bag. The brand was created by two MIT engineers who pride themselves on making shampoo and conditioner sets freshly customized just for you based on your hair type, hair goals and preferences. With up to 12 billion unique combinations, you can certainly find the perfect shampoo and conditioner set for you. All you have to do is take a quick hair quiz.

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

First, choose the options that best describe your hair type.

Photo courtesy of Function of Beauty

Next, choose your hair goals. This plays a big part in making your set specific to you.

Photo courtesy of Function of Beauty

Lastly, make it your own by picking a color and fragrance. Don’t worry, the color and fragrance won’t mess with the actual formula.

Photo courtesy of Function of Beauty

That’s it! As Function of Beauty is all about celebrating individuality, each custom formula is personalized with your name on the bottle. After testing out my Function of Beauty set, I’m obsessed and can’t wait to order from them again, next time trying a different scent and color!

On top of everything, the product is sulfate, paraben, cruelty free and, not to mention, vegan. If you want to try out Function of Beauty here is a link for $5 off for new customers!*

*Disclosure: I receive $5 for each referral.

Math major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of coffee and cardamom buns
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.