Book-Tok’s top 5 recommendations, reviewed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

If, like me, you’re on book-tok, you’ve probably seen a few books being recommended over and over again. As fun as a few lines on TikTok may make a book seem, it’s never a guarantee that it’ll be worth your time. That’s why I’ve compiled this list, reviewing the 5 books that kept popping up on my For You Page:

1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo:

If there’s any book you read from this list, please let it be The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. This book pulled me out of an intense reading slump and will let you feel every emotion you’re capable of.

2. Walk of Shame:

This book, by romance queen Lauren Layne, is the perfect light read when you’re looking for a low-stakes, enemies-to-lovers trope!

3. Kulti:

Mariana Zapata is undisputedly the best writer when it comes to slow burn  romances. You’ll definitely love this if you don’t mind waiting for the characters to leave the friend zone!

4. It Ends With Us:

This book absolutely destroyed me and made me think about romantic relationships and the way we treat ourselves for days after I finished reading. This is a heavy read, but if you’re looking for something cathartic, Colleen Hoover’s got your back.

5. Red White and Royal Blue:

Are you even on book-tok if you haven’t read Red White and Royal Blue? This is the cutest romance you’ll ever read, and if you’re a fan of Autoboyography, you’ll absolutely adore RW&RB!

Sarah Singh

Bryn Mawr '23