Best Throwback Songs to Put on Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love to reminisce about the good old days of the early 2000s- back during the golden age of Disney Channel and tween pop music! There’s nothing like turning up some of the best throwback bops and losing yourself in the memories they bring with them! Here are some of my favorite suggestions for a quality throwback playlist:

Any and all High School Musical songs

Some of my favorites include “Breaking Free,” “What Time is it?” and “A Night to Remember.”

“Potential Breakup Song” by Aly & AJ

This was – and still is – one of the best songs to dramatically sing along to on a road trip.

“Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus

Not only one of Miley’s best songs, but one of the most iconic songs of the century, tbh.

“A Year Without Rain” by Selena Gomez

A real throwback to the Selena’s Wizards of Waverly Place days (AKA the best days).

“7 Things” by Miley Cyrus

Let’s be real, this song introduced all of us to teen angst before we were even teens.

“Sneakernight” by Vanessa Hudgens

[vieo:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqOjhNN4hQ]

Now and forever the best song to dance along to at any party.

“He Said She Said” by Ashley Tisdale

Why did Ashley Tisdale stop making music after putting out bops like this one?

After adding all of these bops to your new playlist, make sure to share it with all your friends for ultimate childhood nostalgia!

Diana Beninati

Bryn Mawr '21

Bryn Mawr College 2021
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.