5 Ways to Spend Your Study-Break in the BMC Community

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

The fall semester is in full swing, which means you’re probably spending most of your time in the library, your room or any of your other favorite study spaces on campus. Sometimes it’s necessary to take a break from studying and do something that eases your mind from your workload. Here are five ways to take a break from studying and get involved on the Bryn Mawr College campus and within the town community.  

Film Series

Almost every Friday and Saturday night, BMC’s Film Series committee hosts screenings of popular and recently released films. Recently, they hosted screenings of both Incredibles 2 and Ocean’s 8, which were highly anticipated on campus. The screenings usually take place in Old Library. It’s a free theater experience open to all members of the Tri-Co. For movie screening schedules, visit the “Bryn Mawr College Film Series” page on Facebook.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Suburban Square

Every Saturday, Blue Buses shuttle students from the Bi-Co community to Suburban Square, an upscale, outdoor shopping centers in nearby Ardmore, PA. You can stock up on dorm room snacks from Trader Joe’s, shop the latest makeup products at Sephora (no pressure), browse the Apple store or eat at Ruby’s Diner, for example. To see the complete list of stores and dining venues, visit the Suburban Square website.

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Attend SGA Meetings

BMC’s Self Government Association is an organization that allows ALL students to have their voices heard on campus. Students work together to decide the principles and rules of the Bryn Mawr community. Weekly meetings are held every Sunday night at 7 pm in the Campus Center. Plenary is held twice a year in Goodhart Auditorium. For more information on SGA events, be sure to check your student emails from the SGA E-Board and like the “Bryn Mawr Self Government Association” page on Facebook.  

GIF courtesy of Giphy

Sports Games

Sports events are a great way to see some of your favorite Mawrters in action. You can show your school spirit with posters, face-paint, BMC gear or just by simply showing up. All home games offer free admission for Bryn Mawr students. Some professors may offer extra credit points to go to games and cheer on the team. For game schedules, visit http://athletics.brynmawr.edu/landing/index.    

GIF courtesy of Giphy  

Join a Club

Bryn Mawr offers a wide variety of student organizations, ranging from acting troupes, acapella groups, newspapers and magazines, affinity groups and dance groups, to intramural and club sports. There’s a ton of activities to choose from. You can even start your own club if it already isn’t on campus. To see a complete list of clubs, visit https://www.brynmawr.edu/activities/clubs .   

GIF courtesy of Giphy  

Bonus Tip: Always read the Daily Digest emails. In them, you’ll find many campus events advertised, like mall outings, New York City trips, campus concerts and guest speakers.

English major candidate at Bryn Mawr College who loves people and delicious food!
Diana Beninati

Bryn Mawr '21

Bryn Mawr College 2021