This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

As every college student knows, Netflix is one of the best stress relievers out there. The beginning of the semester can feel a bit crazy, so here are some great shows on Netflix that you can binge watch your way through while taking a break from studying!

Photo courtesy of TV Guide

One Tree Hill

This show is my current binge watch. Chronicling the lives of half brothers Lucas and Nathan Scott, and their relationships, friendships and hardships in their hometown of Tree Hill, North Carolina, this show is incredibly engrossing. If you’re not sucked in by all the relationship drama, the basketball games, charming small town and wonderfully feminist character Brooke Davis is sure to drawn you in. Best of all, this show has nine seasons, giving ample material for binge watching!

Photo courtesy of The Odyssey

Grey’s Anatomy

This is another show with a ton of content to work your way through; there are thirteen seasons on Netflix. Following the lives of the doctors, nurses and fellows of Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital, this show is packed with drama, both medical and personal. You’ll fall in love with Doctor Derek Shepherd (nicknamed “McDreamy”), the relationships (familial and otherwise) of all the characters and want to become a doctor yourself after learning all the medical jargon the characters utilize in their surgeries. This show is a must watch for any Pre-Med majors out there!

Photo courtesy of YouTube

The Office

Steve Carell’s hilarious show is a spin off of the British version. Shot in a mock documentary style, it tracks the minute details of office life in the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. You’ll quickly become obsessed with Dwight’s pranks, Michael’s obsession to be the best boss ever and the adorable relationship of Jim and Pam. This show has nine seasons, so it’s great binge watch material.

Photo courtesy of ChicagoNow

Marvel’s Jessica Jones

If you’re looking for a shorter show to get sucked into, this one only has one season on Netflix, with the second currently in filming. A Netflix original, this critically acclaimed show follows Jessica Jones as she deals with her newfound superhero powers while hunting down the mysterious villain, Kilgrave. Full of action, drama and suspense, this is an awesome binge watch.

Photo courtesy of NewsBusters

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Another Netflix original, this show has been on my list to binge watch for a while now. Starring Ellie Kemper as Kimmy Schmidt, it follows her move to New York City after escaping from a cult. Although it sounds dark, it’s a hilariously uplifting show about the human spirit and friendship. There are some great quotes and pop culture references as well. There are three seasons to binge watch on Netflix.

These are just a few of the amazing shows on Netflix to make your way through whenever you have some extra time. Happy binge watching, everyone!

Samantha is a sophomore at Bryn Mawr College majoring in English. She's originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and can confirm that the winters are just as cold as you've heard. She's passionate about books, writing, girls' education, and Harry Styles. If she's not in class, you can find her studying in the library, grabbing brunch with her friends, or taking a yoga class. If you want to read Samantha's past work, you can find it on the Her Campus Bryn Mawr section.