The Lalagirl Lying On Her Bed
The Lalagirl Lying On Her Bed
Her Campus Media
Style > Decor

4 Things You Can Do Right Now to Improve Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.
Add Curtains

Curtains are a great way to make your room feel less cookie-cutter and more homey. To make your ceilings look taller, place the curtain rod a few inches above the top of the window. You don’t even need any power tools—just use command strips to attach the rod to the wall.

Get a Succulent or House Plant

Head over to the supermarket, florist, or even Amazon and pick yourself up a plant or succulent. You won’t believe the difference something green and living will make in your room.

Make Your Bed

If your bed isn’t made up right now, go ahead and make it! Making your bed has actually been linked to increased productivity and will automatically make even the messiest room look cleaner.

Frame Important Photos

You can print photos—and even fake frames—on regular paper in the library. Just framing and posting them to your wall will add some flair to your walls and remind you of the things you care about every time you walk in the room.

Maria Bohan

Bryn Mawr '21

I'm a Bryn Mawr College junior who still gets excited about the little things in life. English major/Education minor.