This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.
Strawless Policy at Uncommon Grounds

Yes, for a bubble tea at night, you do get the boba straw. However, I was pleasantly surprised when the baristas told me there is no straw for my drink when I asked for one. It’s always nice to see that the school cares about reducing waste.

Free Printing

…or should I rephrase, “included in our tuition.” But in all seriousness, we write all the time. Some professors also prefer their students to print the readings instead of reading online. I can’t imagine paying every single time I have to print. Little by little, money adds up! I personally don’t color print often because I don’t need to most of the time, but the colors are so vivid! I love that the color printers do a quality job when it comes to printing the true colors instead of printing similar shades.

Weekend Blue Buses

While I love being on campus because it is truly gorgeous, I still want to go somewhere else sometimes. I can always use Septa, but for a typical college student, even a few bucks can be costly. This is why I fully take advantage of the Blue Bus on the weekend. A short trip to Suburban Square is a nice break to get a little breeze outside the campus. There’s Kung Fu Tea where I get my bubble tea, and I stop by Trader Joes for some snacks. There are Lululemon, Sephora, Madewell and Urban Outfitters as well!

Walking on Dry Leaves

We all know the feeling, the sound and the joy that comes with this. I can even say that the crunchy leaves make my day. I love seeing all the colors and fall foliage, but walking on the crunchy leaves is like actually experiencing fall.

Yeri Lee

Bryn Mawr '23

I'm an international student studying philosophy and sociology from Korea at Bryn Mawr College. I listen to K-hiphop the most (but also enjoy Frank Sinatra, Queen, etc). Talk to me all day about current events, philosophy, and history!