Style > Beauty

4 Cruelty-Free Beauty Brands for Sun Protection

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Cruelty-free means that the products aren’t test on animals. Why is it important to be cruelty-free? Well, crazy enough, but animal testing is cruel and inhumane, and that should be reason enough to go cruelty-free. All it takes is a quick Google search to figure out if the brand you’re buying from is cruelty-free or not. If you aren’t sure where to start, here are seven cruelty-free brands to check out.

Alba Botanica®

Alba Botanica® uses 100% vegetarian ingredients, no synthetic fragrances, no harsh sulfates, no plastic microbeads, no animal testing, no artificial colors and no parabens or phthalates. As spring is coming upon us, and ideally the sun as well, I recommend the Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45.

Glossier

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard of Glossier. If you don’t like wearing sunscreen, Glossier’s Invisible Shield daily sunscreen SPF 35 is for you.

Lush

Lush is 100% vegetarian and never tested on animals. Have you ever tried showering on your suncare with Lush’s The Sunblock?

Tarte

Tarte is cruelty free and has vegan products. The Tarte to Go™ Tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion broad spectrum SPF 30 is handy to throw in your bag!

e.l.f.

All e.l.f. makeup products are vegan. Get some SPF in with your primer with e.l.f.’s Beauty Shield SPF 50 skin shielding primer.

What are some of your favorite cruelty-free beauty brands?

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.