Why We’re So Excited For the “Gilmore Girls” Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

You must have heard that the beloved show Gilmore Girls is coming back with a revival series on Netflix on November 25th. When this seven series show ended in 2007 viewers were left with so many unanswered questions. This series that is loved by pretty much the whole female population will be returning with four episodes that are each 90-minutes long, and we are hoping all our lingering questions will be answered. This revival series is by the creator of the original series, Amy Sherman-Palladino, and is titled Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. We can’t wait to be back with all of our favorite characters in Stars Hollow, here are some of the reasons why:

1. We get to see our favorite mother daughter duo back in action.

2. We get to have our obsession with coffee justified by Lorelai and Rory so we feel less bad about how many cups we drink each day.

3. We can once again see our favorite little town of Stars Hollow in all of its glory.

4. We get to hear the music and the trials and tribulations of our favorite local band, Hep Alien.

5. We hope to find out if Lane and Zack lasted and see their twins all grown up.

6. We will (hopefully) finally find out which boy Rory chooses. Amy Sherman-Palladino has hinted that she will be single at the start of the revival 

7. We get to hear Emily’s undeniable sass again.

8. We will hopefully find out if Luke and Lorelai are together. Are they married? Do they have kids

9. We get to see Jess’s beautiful face again.

10. And Logan’s.

11. And Dean’s.

12. We are hoping to find out how far Paris has gone in life. Is she a doctor? Are her and Rory speaking.

13. We will see if Rory made it as a journalist like she had hoped.

14. We get to see the characters in our current world, instead of the world of the early 2000’s. Are Rory and Lorelai watching Netflix together instead of VHS? Do Lorelai, Rory, and the grandparents have a group chat on their iPhones to plan Friday night dinner?

Make sure you have a Netflix (or at least your roommate’s password) and are ready to watch on Friday, November 25th!

Flora is a graduate from Bryant University with a major in communication. She moved to Boston after graduating and somehow is already 2 years post-grad. By day, she is a marketing associate but when she's not at the office she loves trying new foods, hunting for the latest trends, exploring the city, going to spin classes, and finding as many cute dogs to pet as possible! Follow her on Instagram @lifeisgoodman