This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s officially fall and what could be better than living in New England to experience it. Between the boots, sweaters, pumpkin flavored everything, and caramel apples, it is easy to see why New England has the most beautiful and entertaining fall around! Here are some more reasons:

1)     Apple Picking

The taste of a crisp and juicy apple freshly picked from an orchard is unlike anything else. It is also a great way to spend time with friends, family, or your significant other. New England has some of the best orchards around! The apple crisp made later also puts those apples to use!

2)     Pumpkin Picking

Nothing decorates your house or dorm better than pumpkins! This is another great way to spend time with friends and family. Get all your friends together and spend time carving the pumpkins with pretty patterns or faces.  Don’t forget to bake your pumpkin bread and seeds! Again, New England has some of the best orchards around! 

3)     Foliage

This word says it all.  The beauty of the leaves turning colors is unreal. Going for a drive or walk around with friends or family is a peaceful fall activity. This is also a very romantic and relaxing date idea.

4)     Holidays

Once fall begins, Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner. New England is well-known for both holidays. Salem, MA is home of the Salem Witch Trials and they celebrate for the entire month of October. The whole town is filled with activities for all. Plymouth, MA is where the Pilgrims’ ship docked and the first Thanksgiving was held, which makes being from or in New England during this holiday a pretty big deal.

5)     Sports

What could be more entertaining than watching some of the best professional sports teams? Almost nothing! Grab some friends or family members and go have an amazing experience with some of the best die-hard fans out there. Look for the many student discounts and cheap tickets.

6)     Fairs

New England is home to some of the biggest fairs that go as far back as the 1800s. The Topsfield fair and the Big E are great ways to spend time with loved ones.

7)     New England Clam Chowder and fresh maple syrup,

The famous and delicious soup tastes so much better as the weather gets colder.  Also the taste of naturally sweetened Vermont or Maine syrup on pancakes and waffles is so out of this world!

These are some of the many reasons as to why New England has the best fall in the country. Take advantage of the nice weather grab your friends and make some great memories you’ll always remember!!