Why It’s Okay to Consider a Kardashian a Role Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The Kardashians are one of the most talked about families in reality TV history. Everyone, whether you love them or hate them, always wants to know what’s going on in their lives, and a lot of times they catch a lot of heat from the public. They are criticized a lot for the choices they made that led them to stardom, however since then they have achieved a lot, which makes it okay for you to call them role models.

Kourtney Kardashian:

Kourtney is pretty much super mom. On top of managing the Kardashian Kids line, being the primary manager of all DASH stores, and helping to create and design her app, she also raises her three children, Mason, Penelope and Reign. Full time motherhood is a monster challenge in and of itself, and add to that being a business woman and you have one busy lady. Yet she still manages to balance her time and succeed in all aspects of her personal life and her career, which is a pretty inspiring thing.

Kim Kardashian: 

Yes, we agree, she has made some questionable decisions in her past, however she has learned from them and grown into a crazy business mogul. Obviously, her over 100 million combined Twitter and Instagram followers is impressive on its own, but she also helped to create and design an app that made over $200 million in just the first year alone. She has also written numerous books, owned and managed DASH, a high end clothing line with her sisters, and has created a number of perfumes and cosmetic products. You can love her or hate her, but she is one hell of a business woman, not to mention an awesome mom to her two children, North and Saint.

Khloe Kardashian:

Out of all the sisters, she has had a pretty rough year with everything that has gone on, but through all of that, Khloe remained positive and changed her life for the better. She is all about promoting body positivity and the idea that you should not care what anyone else thinks, and live for yourself. Not to mention she also wrote a New York Times best-selling novel last year, has successfully aided her sisters in DASH and Kardashian Kids and, now stars in a new hit talk show “Kocktails with Khloe”. With such a positive attitude and outlook on life during the bad situations that she was in, Khloe changed herself for the better and came out on top. How could you not see her as a role model?

Kendall Jenner:

We can’t even imagine how hard it must be to grow up in the public eye, not to mention growing up with the three older sisters she has. Yes, she was given amazing opportunities that helped her break into the industry, like her gig with little sister Kylie at Seventeen Magazine, but she had to work hard to get where she is now, especially because her name is so recognizable. This past year, Kendall made her dreams come true and walked in several fashion weeks, including New York Fashion Week. She also became the new face of the #MyCalvins campaign for Calvin Klein and walked in the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, fulfilling a dream she has had since a young age.

Kylie Jenner:

Aside from Kim, Kylie gets the most heat for the stuff she does. From the lip fillers and dating an older guy, to sometimes saying things that don’t always make sense, everyone criticizes this kid. Despite all that, she has become a cosmetics mogul at age 18: her lip kit sells out in under 30 minutes at every release, her and Kendall’s PacSun clothing line helped the company grow in sales by about 5%, and her app is a total hit with over 1.75 million downloads in the first week of sales alone. 

In the long run, everyone will form their opinions on this crazy, wild family, but no one can deny that their achievements since they skyrocketed to stardom are pretty amazing.

Senior, marketing major from Pembroke MA.  Marketing and PR Chair for Bryant's Her Campus chapter.  Loves sharks.