This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Finding your place on campus during your first years at college may seem a little nerve-wracking. You may miss the people and activities such as clubs and sports that you were use to being surrounded by back home. Before I came to college, I never pictured myself as someone that would be interested in joining a sorority or Greek life. However, over my first few months on campus I saw how involved, close-knit, and welcoming the Greek life community was. This pushed me to go through formal recruitment where I was lucky enough to find my home and new sisters. Throughout my time being a part of a sorority and Greek life as a whole, I have gained so many valuable experiences and friendships. Here are some of the reasons I am proud to have joined a sorority:

• I found my roommates, best friends, and future bridesmaids
  • I have a support system like no other, these girls are by my side unconditionally and are always ready to cheer me up on the bad days and celebrate on the good ones
  • I was introduced to many other clubs and organizations throughout campus by my sisters who pushed me to be more outgoing
  • I gained a whole community of fun, friendly, and hardworking individuals who I love to spend my time with in other sororities & fraternities 
  • I’ve gained tons of new experiences and held numerous leadership positions that have greatly impacted and changed me as an individual and can one day help me in my future career
  • I have had endless networking opportunities and many people a part of Greek life were introduced to their internships & careers through alumni
  • I’ve made some of the best memories and had the best laughs with people who will a part of my life far beyond college

Being in a sorority has changed my life and has helped me grow as an individual. I have never felt so confident, loved and important before meeting this group of girls and I hope that joining a sorority can bring you as much happiness and friendship it has brought me.

Bryant University sophomore
Kim Flynn

Bryant '19

Fan of puppies and Starbucks. Avid koozie collector. You can usually find me with my shoe untied.