Who Were The ACTUAL Rugrats?: The Women Who Rocked the '90s

Crank back the time to August 11, 1991 when The Rugrats aired for the very first time on Nickelodeon’s Nicktoon.  Women stole the spotlight that morning and continued to until June 8, 2004 when the 172nd, and last, episode of the Rugrats aired.  E.G. Daily, Christina Cavanaugh, Kath Soucie, and Cheryl Chase voiced over the illustrious babies of Tommy, Chuckie, Lil, and Phil, and of course the malicious cousin, Angelica.  These women not only voiced over these characters, but took on many other roles as well.  So as summer rolls in, and Saturday morning cartoons with Dad become a regular again, flip to a Rugrats episode, laugh at the throwback, and give a round of applause for these four women for totally rocking the 90s with their voices.

Tommy Pickles (voiced by E.G. Daily)

Tommy Pickles was the leader of this four-man gang called the Rugrats.  He may have been the youngest, and even smallest, but he led his babies in and out of every situation imaginable.  His diaper was stuffed with his hand dandy toy screwdriver, his feet were turned in, and his hair on top of his head stood tall.  This baby lived by the phrase, “a baby’s gotta do, what a baby’s gotta do.”

E.G. Daily played the voice of Tommy Pickles through all 172 episodes.  She is an American voice actress, actress, singer, songwriter, and musician.  When she isn’t doing that, she is a mom to two daughters, and can be heard through different characters on the cartoon series Pound Puppies.  Did you know she did the voiceover of Jake Harper singing the Two and Half Men song up until 2011?     

Chuckie Finster (voiced by Christina Cavanaugh)

Chuckie is the red-headed nervous wreck every kid had in their childhood.  No stereotypes there.  His shakey knees, chattering teeth, and stutters could be heard for miles when Tommy led his gang down a wrong path.  Despite playing the cowardly lion role, Chuckie was actually the oldest of the four babies!

Christina Cavanaugh played the voice of Chuckie for about 11 years before stepping back from the spotlight.  During her “Chuckie” reign, she also voiced Dexter in Dexter’s Laboratory, Oblina in Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, and three different characters in Recess.  After retiring due to personal reasons, Christina resided in LA.