neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What NOT to Post on Facebook After Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As spring break comes to an end, it may be tempting to post pictures of the beautiful beaches of Florida or Cancun, but be wary of who can see your posts. Employers often check Facebook profiles to ensure that they are hiring the best candidates, and certain things can make you unappealing. As a rule of thumb, here are a few things to keep off of your social media accounts:

Incriminating photos – Yes, spring break may have been a blast, but that doesn’t mean it’s okay to post pictures of you drinking or partying, especially if you’re underage. While it may be nice to share your experiences with your Facebook friends, keep in mind that employers can also see what you post.

Too much honesty – You might be out with your friends and blowing off some steam, but remember not to use social media to vent your frustrations about other people. Saying negative things about your current employers may deter future employers from hiring you.

Collegiettes, remember to use discretion when posting anything on social media. If you feel doubtful about posting it, just refrain. In the end, your judgment is your best friend.

Shruti Kansara is a sophomore at Bryant University majoring in international business with a double concentration in applied analytics and computer information systems and a double minor in French and international affairs. In her spare time, she volunteers with Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island and serves as a local titleholder for the Miss Rhode Island America organization.