What it’s Like to Host an International Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Easter this year was a bit different than normal. My family hosted two international students over the weekend to celebrate Easter, Nina from England and Linnea from Sweden. My family also hosted them for Thanksgiving, which they do not celebrate in their home countries. My parents loved having them so when Easter came up, they jumped at the opportunity to have them over again. My Dad was so excited that he called me the week before to find out if they had any of traditions; he wanted to incorporate them into our day. I picked them up Easter morning and drove them to my house, we started off with an Easter egg hunt! It was nothing like they had ever experienced. Nina got the least amount of eggs, Linnea came in third, beating out my cousin. They said that next year they will have a strategy on how to improve. After our egg hunt we sat down for dinner. Our table was overflowing with food crafted by my Dad(with some help from me) and other family members. My Dad made Nina’s favorite dish from Thanksgiving, stuffed mushrooms. My Mom made Nina and Linnea their own Easter baskets that were overflowing with candy, bubbles, coloring books and crayons, and more. They were so surprised and excited to open them up. On the car ride home they talked about how great it was and how full they were from all the food. They even took some leftover mushrooms back to campus! All in all, I’m thankful that my parents opened up their home to my friends, and I can’t wait for the next holiday we spend together and the next three years of holidays to enjoy.