What Guys Really Think: HC Bryant’s Men Survey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Boys; can’t live with them and can’t live without them. Cliché we know, but going to a business school with a female to male ratio of 40:60 we are constantly surrounded by men.  Our Her Campus Bryant E-board decided to investigate the opposite sex, asking about topics that girls are dying to know. We surveyed 100 males so grab your girlfriends and look at the results!  Leave your comments below because we’d love to hear from you!

It’s a little shocking to us that some men wouldn’t think it’s a turn on if a girl is determined and driven in her life. Hint: Ladies you want a man in your life that wants the best for you and will support you in your dreams. Don’t settle for someone who gives you a hard time about studying or being involved, it’s not worth it.

Like texting, swearing depends on who you’re around. It’s never ladylike to swear, but we all do it. Whether it’s from time to time or every day you will know what kind of guy you’re around, respects what. A general word to the wise is to try and keep it on the minimum, it’s a bad habit for the real world!

This is pretty straight forward.  However, some of our guy friends think shark week is “God awful” so we aren’t sure where “Stage 5 clinger” came from!  Still, it’s very interesting!

When it comes to the gym, it’s not surprising that guys check us out, who can blame them? Don’t read this and be self-conscious at the gym from now on. Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in and pretend you’re the only one working out. If your crush is at the gym, use it as motivation and do cardio for five more minutes then you usually would. Push yourself and you may end up turning heads!

When we found out guys noticed if we got ready for class, we all wanted to hide in our rooms and never come out. From tests, studying, projects, and finding time to sleep, most days the last thing we want to worry about is our outfit. We think this question depends on how comfortable you are and what makes you happy. If you love being cozy in sweats like some of us, try setting two days a week to put in the extra effort. 

We weren’t fond of these results between “a girl who talks too much” and “doesn’t talk at all” so our advice is to be you. Make sure when you’re chatting with a boy to ask about his life, whether you’re just getting to know someone and asking about their interests or your boyfriend asking about his day. 

When we were coming up with these survey questions, we were positive guys loved heels but now we know it’s better to be comfortable, and look comfortable, then struggle all night long in stilettos. 

Texting can be tricky. Our advice is to feel out the situation, if a guy wants to text you he will. If he’s being more laid back he could be waiting for your message. Whatever you do, do not be desperate and quadruple text him. 

Again, no explanation needed here….but really, who knew hair was so noticeable!

With this being said, there are definitely things girls can think about. To start, when it comes to make-up, we can promise you that guys love a girl who looks natural, not all done up; less is more. Although we can’t control having our periods, we can control how we act around the men in our lives. Next time, try to bite your lip about your latest roommate drama or how much homework you have. 

Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.