We’re Proud to Be Basic, and You Should Be Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

There is nothing worse than getting made fun of for enjoying stereotypically “basic” things because, let’s face it, they’re great. So don’t feel bad if some guy knocks your leggings and scarf because joke is on him – it’s cute AND comfy!  Here are some of our favorite not-so-guilty pleasures.

Taylor Swift sing-a-longs

If you haven’t spent a Friday night with your best friends talking about boys, painting nails, and jamming Fearless, have you even lived?

Being Pampered

Some days, especially after a long week, there is no better way to treat yo’ self than with a mani-pedi with mom or your girlfriends. 

The Outfit

We all have this outfit.  And we all love it.  (And we still pin every variation of it on Pinterest).

Coffee

First of all, what makes a deliciously caffeinated beverage inherently “basic”?  Whether you’re team Starbucks or you run on Dunkin’, we can all agree that nothing gets us out of bed on Saturday mornings like the promise of our favorite drink.

Lush Products

Arguably the hardest part of not having a private bathroom at college is the lack of bath bombs in our lives.  I’m not sure who thought bathing in sparkly water would be a good idea, but thank you. 

Being Crafty

Baking pumpkin flavored everything and DIYing our dorm rooms to the max is the best way to feel productive.

Wine

Life is hard.  Wine makes it better.

Designated Junk Food Nights

We all just want an excuse to run to Target and buy ice cream.  It’s acceptable if we are watching trash TV, right? 

Followed by Cleanses

Ate a little too much chocolate this weekend?  That’s ok, cleanses are all the rage.  Hit up the gym with a partner, mediate at yoga, and try your hardest to find something decent at Salmo.  (P.S., putting fruit slices in a Voss bottle doesn’t make you healthy, but it does taste good.)

Girl Code

Finally, girls have the guts to say exactly how we feel on national television.

Girls get mocked way too easily for their interests, and it is not fair.  First off, “common white boys” are just as prominent and not shamed as harshly.  So embrace your interests, ladies, and support each other no matter what you like!