The Unsung Heroes of Bryant University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As Bryant students we have people who make our lives a little bit easier. We often forget to thank them, hopefully this article will remind you to be a little grateful for everyone who makes every day run smoothly.

Research Librarians

Ask the research librarians any question any day of the week and there is a 99.99% guarantee they will know the answer. Don’t feel like walking to the gym on a snow day just to see if it is open or not? Text/Call/IM the Librarians. They also really are good at finding research for any or all of your papers.

Laptop Central

Who else will listen to you blubber over the fact that you spilt your half-caf soy latte on your laptop, and give you advice better than just restarting your computer?

Nice DPS Officers

Yes, we understand we shouldn’t be drinking in public. No, there is no reason for you to get in our faces and lecture us when we’re already plastered about the dangers of drinking. We are more than respectful to you, the least you can do is return the favor, and some do.

Facilities

Oh facilities, how we love you so. They’re always so sweet, no matter what. Freshman year they cleaned the vomit out of the public sinks and cleaned the lobby after a weekend’s worth of damage. They will say hi and acknowledge you when they see you on campus and it just warms our hearts. They also keep this campus beautiful enough to keep your Instagram game up.

AV

AV is not widely used on campus but anyone who runs a club, organization, or has to host an event on campus appreciates AV. They film campus events, help set up computers, and you can rent film equipment from them! Thinking of starting a YouTube channel? Borrow a camera from AV for no cost! It is very helpful when it comes to filming group projects or recruitment videos for your clubs and orgs.

Center of Diversity and Inclusion

Everyone who works in the Center of Diversity and Inclusion are literally the nicest people you would ever meet. The Center of Diversity and Inclusion is a great place to study, hangout, and  have group meetings!

Salmo Employees

Some of the employees at Salmo will ask you about your day and ask you personal questions, which is really sweet. It is nice to have a personal connection to those who are preparing your food. One time Salmo was serving mashed potatoes and I told my friend I really wanted to fling them at someone (old school food fight style) and an employee said he would give me $5 if I actually did it. It is the little things.