This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We all have it. FEAR OF MISSING OUT. Like if you don’t go out one night, you’ll miss out on something really awesome that will never happen again. For example: missing the bagpipe guy playing out at the townhouses on a Saturday night. Reasonable. FOMO most commonly occurs around social events, but we can all admit to having FOMO for other reasons, that are less legit, like these:

Chipotle runs

The day my friends go to chipotle without me (dun dun dun), this one can be a valid reason for having FOMO, but how many once-in-a-lifetime moments actually happen in the 20 minute time span it takes to get chipotle. So I guess the real FOMO is when your friends go without you and don’t tell you, and don’t bring you anything back, so you’re left staring at them while they eat their chipotle in front of you #rude

Shopping trips – including a quick trip to the grocery store  

We all want to be there, just in case something funny happens that turns into an inside joke that will haunt you for a lifetime because you’re on the outside. If you’re like me, I just hop in the car when my friends run quick errands, whether I actually need to get something or not, just ‘cuz FOMO

When everyone is studying/doing homework

My suitemates are pretty studious and went to the library this past Sunday to get work done. We usually spend our weekend afternoons watching one bad Netflix movie to the next, but they decided to be productive. I didn’t want to sit in the suite by myself watching movies (it’s just not the same) so I went with them. I didn’t actually have work due so I ended up sitting with them for 40 minutes (tops) and ate snacks and did a puzzle piece – never again. Turns out you won’t miss out on anything exciting when everyone is actually doing work. I ended up distracting them and I know they were relieved when I finally left.

When you’re in class but all your friends are out

This actually happens to one of our close friends – who wishes to be remain unnamed because even she gets how silly this is. All of us have morning classes, and her classes start in the afternoon, right after we’re all done. We can always count on this friend to come sprinting back to the suite after her classes every day because she has the worst FOMO we’ve ever seen. Dear friend of ours, we promise we won’t do anything fun until you come back from classes.

College Senior from CT