This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The ultimate holiday package: baking sugar cookies, decorating the tree, shopping ’til we drop and watching Hallmark movies! 

For many of us, watching Hallmark movies over the holidays has become a cherished tradition that we always make time for, despite how busy things can get. It can also be a great way to de-stress between study sessions during final exams. So, for those of you who have not been lucky enough to experience this magical event yet, we have included some tips on the best way to watch a Hallmark movie over your winter break!

1. Mark Your Calendars

Hallmark’s holiday movie releases are coming in HOT this year (yes, even hotter than your sugar cookies). This 2019 holiday season, Hallmark is releasing 24 new movies with an array of holiday scenarios. Each one will warm hearts and inspire us to fall in love with love, making 2019 the best season yet.

Click here for the ultimate schedule to mark on your planners!

Some of the must-watch movies:

Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy

When: November 29th, 8PM

What: A skeptical writer trying to understand a town called Evergreen’s Christmas fever.

Christmas Town

When: December 1st, 8PM

What: Lauren Gabriel, who plays Bure, leaves everything behind in Boston for an adventure, and takes an unexpected detour in Grandon Falls to help her embrace the spirit of Christmas

Christmas at Dollywood

When: December 8, 8PM

What: Rachel McKellar takes on bankruptcy and is forced to work with a “Dollywood” entertainment director who lacks Christmas spirit.

A Cheerful Christmas

When: December 15th, 8PM

What: Two best friends attempt to tackle their dream job of being “Christmas coaches” and land a difficult holiday client.

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

When: December 21st, 8PM

What: A New England Christmas decorating competition brings out two competing mayors extreme holiday spirit.

2. Plan the Perfect Menu

Planning the perfect snack menu is a must to ensure the full holiday movie experience. But really, what’s a Hallmark movie without a little binge eating? These goodies can be healthy or unhealthy, it’s all up to personal preference!

Here are our top snack options for hallmark movie viewing:

• Popcorn (extra buttery, of course!)
  • Half-Baked Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
  • Peppers and Ranch dressing
  • EXTRA cheesy nachos
  • Make-your-own pizza
  • M&Ms
  • Cookies and milk (bonus points if you bake your own cookies!)
  • Fruit with chocolate dip (or chocolate hummus!)
  • Hot cocoa with marshmallows
  • Trail mix

3. What to Wear

This is one of the rare occasions that comfort takes priority over fashion. If you are watching alone, Hallmark professionals like us would recommend your favorite sweatshirt or flannel pajamas. If you invite your girlfriends over for a viewing party, then Christmas sweaters and fuzzy socks are always a festive choice.

If you want to go all out, there are even sweatshirts dedicated to watching Christmas movies — check out the sweatshirt in the photo above from one our very own!

4. Hosting a Hallmark Girls Night Party

There is no better way to watch movies about romance and Christmas than with your best gal pals. It’s the perfect opportunity to invite all of your besties over and dish about the movie cutie! But remember, what is a movie night without a pillow fight?

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

CoverPic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 by Claire Russell | Pic 4

Hello I'm Claire, I am a Marketing Major with a Communications Minor. I am from a suburb outside of Chicago, and now attend Bryant University in Rhode Island.
Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.