The Ultimate Bryant Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the concept of a bucket list, it’s basically just what it sounds like: a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” Every bucket list is unique to the person writing it, although common items include travel goals, educational/career aspirations, and personal goals. The concept has been popularized by movies like Last Holiday, in which Queen Latifah’s character finds out she only has a few months left to live and proceeds to take all of her money out of savings and go on a lavish trip in which she does everything she’d always put off until “later” before (getting the man of her dreams and a long, happy life in the process, of course!).

Although it may have begun as a way for people with terminal illnesses to make the most of the time they have left, the bucket list has since taken on a life of its own (no pun intended). These days it’s common for people of all ages to have bucket lists, and many people create bucket lists for particular times in their life – such as the college experience. With this in mind, HC Bryant decided to go on a quest to discover what’s on Bryant students’ bucket lists.

We started by writing the question “What’s on YOUR Bryant Bucket List?” on a poster board and hanging it at our Suggestions table during our Launch Party last week. The responses were so entertaining that we decided to keep going, and asked you to tweet with hashtag #BryantBucketList or post your ideas to our Facebook page for your chance to be featured in this blog article. So without further ado, here’s what our readers had to say about what they want to do before walking through the Archway:

Freshmen

• Spend a fabulous night in Providence
  • Study abroad
  • Become an RA
  • Get off academic probation
  • Visit Newport
  • Become an E-Board member for a club/org
  • Learn another language
  • Win Big Bingo

Sophomores

• Complete my time at Bryant with no regrets
  • Climb the Interfaith Center wall
  • Get a 4.0
  • Get as many internships as possible
  • Go skinny dipping in the pool
  • Get my picture on the Bryant home page
  • Successfully touch a goose
  • Kidnap Tupper and keep him forever
  • Take a picture on the Bryant globe outside campus
  • Go to one game of every sport throughout the year

Juniors

• Swim in the pond
  • Get rid of the geese
  • Go apple picking
  • Win an academic/case competition
  • Go somewhere tropical for spring break with my friends
  • Make a guest appearance on a WJMF radio show
  • Get my picture taken on the roof of the Unistructure
  • Go to ‘Rentes with my professors

Seniors

• Sled on Salmo trays
  • Sit on the “multicultural” couch in the middle of the day
  • Streak down the football field
  • Skip classes and spend a full day at the beach
  • Get a job before graduation
  • Cook a great meal in my townhouse for all my closest friends
  • Be featured on Her Campus as a Campus Cutie
  • Walk through the Archway!

Grad Students

• Prank DPS
  • Steal a DPS car
  • Graduate!
  • Rip shots with the Pres’

Tupper

• Get a parking spot reserved just for me
  • Have my picture taken with every Bryant class

Other Entries

• Float a message in a bottle in the pond
  • Catch the muskrat
  • Swim in the pond

Did we miss anything? Comment below or tweet with hashtag #BryantBucketList to share yours!

*Disclaimer: The opinions/ideas expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Her Campus Bryant or its staff. This article is meant for entertainment purposes only. Please use your best judgment before choosing to engage in any of these activities.

Makena is a senior at Bryant University, studying International Business, Marketing and Spanish. In addition to co-founding Her Campus at Bryant, Makena is a published author, a peer mentor for Academic Programs International, works as a research assistant on campus, and is over-involved in general (and loving it). When she isn’t running frantically between classes, work and meetings, Makena enjoys travel, good Tex-Mex and getting lost in a great book.