Tri-Sigma’s RPM Week Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

After a week of events, the Zeta Alpha Chapter of Sigma Sigma Sigma raised $918 for Robbie Page Memorial, the sorority’s national philanthropy. With six teams competing in daily challenges across campus, money was raised for play therapy, the charity’s focus.  Play therapy helps children deal with the pain and stress they endure at the hospital, by expressing emotion through play.

Robbie Page Memorial started in 1954 and is a charity that raises money for children in hospitals.  The charity was first started by Mary Hastings Holloway Page who was trying to find the cure for polio for her son, Robbie Page.  Once the cure for polio was found, the foundation switched its focus to funding play therapy for children. Play therapy can vary from painting, puppet shows, building with blocks, or drawing. 

The 2014 Robbie Page Memorial Fundraiser was a huge success, and the sorority would like to thank all of those who generously donated toward their philanthropy this past week. They would also like to congratulate KT’s team on their impressive win and thank all of the participants for their hard work and enthusiasm!