Top Procrastination Ideas From Yours Truly, Bryant Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Everyone hates to study for finals…just admit it.  So what better way to not study than to procrastinate?! Procrastination is simply the act of replacing high-priority actions with lower-priority ones. Example when you have to write a ten page paper, Facebook is grabbing your focus more than the pen and paper. Here’s a list of the top procrastination ideas I received from the students around Bryant’s campus!  I’ll leave their names anonymous.

• Netflix….catching up on Pretty Little Liars is my top procrastination.  Oh and instagram too..guilty!
  • Online shopping..from American Apparel to Macy’s, all the online stores are addicting
  • Christmas decorating and cleaning my room, over and over and over again
  • Rearrange the furniture in my common room
  • Watching TV show seasons and playing video games.  Also I hate getting out of bed when I need to!
  • Clean my room fifteen times a day
  • A nice game of Halo does a good job at keeping me from my work
  • PINTEREST! MUSIC! YOUTUBE!
  • Snapchatting…in fact I’m snapchatting right now instead of writing a paper.
  • Eating!!!
  • Check my phone a lot to either check updates, texts, play games, etc. kind of like what I am doing right now
  • Listen to music I don’t know the words too
  • Write down each family member and friend and think of what I am going to get them for Christmas
  • Skyping with friends back home usually gets the job done
  • Cuddling for sure
  • Bake lots of desserts
  • Cut out snowflakes
  • Eat….a lot.
  • Cleaning takes up a lot of time!
  • Go to the gym
  • Check Twitter and instagram 10,000 times
  • Bother my boss Patrick
  • Organize my white board calendar
  • Make a Christmas list!
  • Getting off campus for a mall trip with some Pinkberry
  • Instagram is great for procrastinating
  • Napping
  • Make-up tutorials on YouTube…and YouTube in general
  • ESPN…all day.
  • Stalk the kids I went to high school with on Facebook
  • Run to Scoops as fast as I can at around 10:57pm…. right before they close!
  • Searching for summer internships
  • Painting my nails!
  • Facebook and twitter steals hours away from studying
  • Video games
Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.