A Thank You Letter to My Random Suitemates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With my first year at Bryant after transferring here in the fall coming to a close, I want to thank my suitemates who have been there through it all. It’s never easy to be a transfer student coming to a new school where everyone already has their friends, but you guys welcomed me with open arms and made it so much easier. Here are a few things I want to thank you for:

1.      For all of you being so welcoming to me from the very beginning, even after I accidentally gave you the wrong phone number (twice) and didn’t answer any of the group texts before the semester started.

2.      For showing me how this school worked when I got here and knew literally nothing about anything.

3.      For at least one of you always being awake to talk when I come home at 2 a.m. on the weekends and don’t want to go to bed yet.

4.      For the nights when we sit in the common room and talk about everything and nothing and don’t notice how late it’s getting.

5.      For always being down to go to Asia Grille and order everything on the menu and eating pretty much all of it.

6.      For all of the laughs we had this past year and the fact that we had a quote wall. You guys never failed to make me laugh.

7.      For picking me up when I fall, literally. Except that time when I fell in the common room and you guys just sat there and laughed at me.

8.      For never judging me, even when there were times I probably should’ve been judged.

9.      For always thinking of the best and funniest names for our group chat, which always kept things interesting.

10.  For those nights when we all decided we didn’t want to go out so we stayed in watching movies and dancing to High School Musical.

11.  For that April Fool’s Day prank when you moved all of your beds into the common room but my door was locked so you saved a spot for me on the couch and we all had a big slumber party in the common room.

12.  For making my first year here amazing and unforgettable and being the best random suitemates I ever could’ve hoped for.

Thank you for everything this year and I love you all,

Your random suitemate

Flora is a graduate from Bryant University with a major in communication. She moved to Boston after graduating and somehow is already 2 years post-grad. By day, she is a marketing associate but when she's not at the office she loves trying new foods, hunting for the latest trends, exploring the city, going to spin classes, and finding as many cute dogs to pet as possible! Follow her on Instagram @lifeisgoodman