Spring Weekend Boston Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As you all know, this past weekend was Spring Weekend here at Bryant — there were performances, activities, parties, food trucks, and a ton more fun stuff.  However, there was also an alternative way to spend spring weekend: a trip to Boston hosted by Health Services!  Some of us decided to take advantage of the all-expenses paid get away, and here are some of the experiences.

We left at 3:30 on Friday and arrived at our hote, the Omni Parker House, a little after 5 pm (traffic sucks).

Fun Fact: not only is it the oldest hotel in the ENTIRE COUNTRY (shout out to our Duck Boat tour guide for that one), but some say it’s haunted!

After checking in, we relaxed for a bit and then walked to a fantastic dinner in the North End at an Italian restaurant called La Famiglia Giorgio’s.  It was delicious and we had SO much food left over, but still made sure to save room for dessert.  After walking our left-overs back to the hotel, we went to the famous Mike’s Pastry’s for some treats.

The pistachio canolli was 10/10 stars.

Luckily we had great weather because there was some free time before going to Improv Asylum for a comedy show.  The theme was “Lies We’ve Told,” and it was a lot funnier than we expected.  They pulled audience members on stage and incorporated their lives into jokes, which really made it personal.  Plus, anyone who attened the 10pm show was welcome back for the midnight one, too.

Some of us stayed for the late show because we were excited for the theme — Cards Against Humanity.  TBH the funniest part was that the entire audience consisted of drunk 30 year old jamming out to 90s pop throwbacks.  Also, one of the comedians looked exactly like Christian Grey *swoon*.

This unexpected souveneir was one of the more conservative cards of the evening.

The next day was jam packed with activities, starting off with a trip to the Museum of Fine Arts.  The exhibits were GORGEOUS.

We <3 art.

After lunch we took a duck tour, one of the most well known tourist attractions in Boston.  It’s the most fun, interactive way to brush up on some history and get a better view of the city.  

We split up after the tour and some of us went to the Boston Aquarium while the rest went to the Museum of Science.  To be honest, we were exhausted at this point and learning about 7th grade science projects was not the best way to keep us awake, but there were still some shining moments.

This massive wall of plants was probably the highlight, NGL.

After a full day of activities, we were hungry and dinner was not for a few hours, so we stopped for some gelato

Okay, you caught us, the theme of this trip was totally the food.  But, like, that’s what vacations are for!

After dinner, some of us walked around the harbour and took ~artsy~ pics of the rose bush arch, now tangled with blue string lights at night.  It was a perfect end to the trip. 

One of the best parts about Bryant is the extra opportunities that few people take advantage of.  Trips like these make the best memories, and we are so fortunate for them.

Thank you to Amy Webster in Health Services, the Alumni Engagement Office, and all of those who came on the trip!