This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s starting to get warmer outside, which means summer is coming! Though Rhode Island isn’t the warmest place, you can start incorporating some of your favorite spring and summer essentials. It might be just the time to bring home or pack away some of your heavy, bulky winter clothes and break out your flowy, fun, and free spring clothes!

Your heavier shoes like Uggs and boots can be kicked to the back of your closet!  Bring out the Sperry’s and those cute sandals you’ve been dying to wear since you got them at that end of the season sale!

Kick your heavy winter jackets to the side, opt for a light vest, jean jacket, or even a cardigan!

Put away they heavy winter dresses and opt for a light sundress, add a cute jacket on a cool spring morning!

Rock some shorts and skirts and tuck the jeans into the back of your drawer, but make sure to keep them with you until May since we live in New England and the weather doesn’t conform to the season!

Image Credit: BowsandSequins.com