This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Snapchat is constantly acquiring new users from around the world, and they aren’t all individual users. Businesses are now marketing products to their customers through the social media app as well. First, Snapchat tried to be the new banking app to transfer money, and is now using Snapchat Discover. Discover has news stories, but only certain networks are affiliated with it. 

If you are a customer of Victoria Secret PINK, then you are more than likely friends with them on Snapchat as well. PINK posts new products and promotions frequently, and lately have been including items for spring break. This makes the people who see their story go to stores or online to buy products. It is a way for them to advertise to a big population in a cheaper manner. If you want to add them on Snapchat, the name is vspink.

Another popular company doing this is Alex and Ani, located right here in Rhode Island. The advertising aspect shows not only new bracelets in the collection, but behind the scenes and the bangle of the month. It is nice to see these products, but after viewing the story it makes you want to buy them even more. We would know because we are friends with them on Snapchat, and are constantly seeing news bracelets we want. If you want to add Alex and Ani, there Snapchat name is alexandani.

The Discover section of Snapchat includes CNN, Cosmopolitan, Food Network, People, and many more. This section can be used to see what is going on in the world, and the selective options allow people to view certain companies. Snapchat is a new way for a business to advertise to a mass number of people for a cheap cost, and it would not surprise us if more companies began to do the same thing. 

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!