Sick of Tinder Boys? We Have Tinder for PETS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Do you like cute pets?  Do you know how Tinder works?  Then we have the app for you!

With Valentine’s Day rolling around, some people are desperate to snag a bae before the big day. There can be a lot of pressure to have the perfect V-Day, from the outfit, to the gifts, to the plans for the evening.  But before you go nuts trying to swipe right on the perfect future love, or bitterly discuss movie rentals and snacks with your other single pals, give AllPaws a try.  We promise all prospects are MUCH better than the ones on Tinder. 

AllPaws is a forum for people to share their pets, which includes dogs, cats, guinea pigs, snakes, hamsters, pigs, and more, that they are putting up for adoption.  It is an easy, adorable way to link prospective owners to new furry (or scaly) friends.  You can customize your search to your area, desire animal, how up to date its shots are, and specifications like energy level.

AllPaws is not a shelter, but an app for people and shelters to post their pets.  Therefore, future owners are still required to follow the regulations of the shelters in question.  They are very against puppy mills, and it is not an app to buy and sell, only adopt. 

Just like on Tinder, the process to get to know a cutie may take some time.  Luckily, unlike Tinder, you don’t need to wait for a match to open a conversation.  It all starts with sending a message to the owner or shelter and they will direct you on the process, including visiting, or “dating” the pet. 

If you’re interested in adopting a new puppy, cat, or more, then AllPaws is something to definitely try out.  It makes the process of finding the perfect new companion much easier.  Or, if you just want to scroll through pics of precious furry faces, curl up for the night and swipe through – just try not to get swept off your feet, believe us, it’s going to be hard.