This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Shannon Foglia

Year: Sophomore/Class of 2017

Major/Minor: Communications/Marketing

Hometown: Salem, New Hampshire

Why do you love Her Campus?

Where to begin?! I love Her Campus because it allows college women to do what we love with people we love!  I love it because of the great opportunities it offers, our hysterically relatable and thought-provoking articles, and the great team of girls who are all so passionate about it! 

Her Campus allows busy college students with a passion for writing to become published writers of amazing content which can open so many doors for us.  I also love Her Campus because of the great people it’s led me to meet!  I’ve met some of my best friends and role models through Her Campus, and I can’t wait to meet more as Co-President.

How did you get involved with Her Campus Bryant?

I learned about Her Campus Bryant as a senior in high school when I came to Bryant for Ladies’ Night.  The girls did an amazing presentation about the club, and I immediately knew I HAD to be a part of it.  As a freshman, I became an assistant editor for our chapter, then the Instagram photo chair, then the Events Coordinator, and now the Co-President! 

What are you looking forward to most as the new Co-President?

I’m looking forward to having more responsibilities within Her Campus and getting to implement some new and exciting ideas (Spoiler Alert: I love ice-breakers!).  I’m also so excited and honored to be working with my Co-President Alli, but very sad to see Kelly go.

What is your vision for the club?

My vision for the upcoming year is that Her Campus Bryant becomes more of a family than a club!  I’d love for us to do more bonding as a team and really get to know each other outside of Her Campus.  I’d also love to grow as an organization on campus and do more for our dedicated members!

Marissa is a sophomore at Bryant University majoring in management and minoring in psychology. She is the Social Media chair at HC, which she absolutely loves! Her favorite past times are baking (esp. chocolate covered pretzels) and exercising. Marissa hopes to work for a large corporation when she graduates in May 2016.