Senior Class Gift Kick Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

This article is directed towards the seniors of Bryant University so if you’re a senior, keep reading, if you’re not-grab a senior and tell them to read this!  The Senior Class Gift Commitee, each year, is responsible for not only leading the Senior Class Gift Commitee but is also responsible for all the fundraising efforts of the senior class!

This year, their goal is to raise $40,000 with a participation of 57% of the senior class.  Which, by the way, is totally do-able.  Each year, the senior class has not only reached their goal but they have actually beat it.  So seniors, take this as a challenge and blow every single other class out of the water.

Your first chance to get involved in the class gift will take place on Tuesday November 19th from 5-6:30PM in Papitto/Heritage in The Fisher Center.  This evening will be the Senior Class Gift Kick Off Event!

Here you will all be able to:

• Vote on our class gift
  • Enjoy two complimentary drinks
  • Chow down on some awesome appetizers
  • Donate money to support our efforts in leaving behind a legacy for the Class of 2014!

Tickets to this event are $5 and can be purchased from 10am-2pm every day this week!  Tables will be either in the Rotunda or the ATM outside of Salmo (depending on the day!)

If you cannot make this event, don’t fret!  You can still donate to help support your class and help in leaving a legacy!  A link will soon be released for an online spot to donate however much you want!  Keep your eyes peeled for that, but until then, like the Facebook page and follow the class gift on Twitter!  If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of your co-chairs with any questions: Mariah Burgess, Jessica Kline, Mike Malenfant, & Jim Rubino

Jessica is a senior at Bryant University where she is majoring in management and double minoring in marketing and communication.  She holds the position as Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Bryant and was actually one of the first founding members!  Beyond Her Campus Bryant, she is the Vice President of the Bryant Marketing Association and a MyPath Mentor.  She loves working at the Amica Center for Career Education where she manages their marketing and social media efforts but also enjoys her time at the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership and the school's bookstore. When at home in Connecticut, she loves to watch movies with her family, play with her dog, have bonfires with friends, sleepovers with her sister, and scrapbook! Jessica aspires to one day manage her own department of a fortune 500 company, or even run her own company with a little bit of writing on the side!  Upon graduating this coming May, she will jump-start her career at EMC as a Marketing Development Associate in the Marketing Development Program.
Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.