This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s safe to say that every girl has at least a few scarves hanging around in her closet. It is also safe to say that those scarves did not come cheap. Do you find yourself needing to make better use of the scarves you do have? Here are a few tips:

• Her Campus suggests that next time you go shopping, focus on purchasing wardrobe staples rather than accessories. For example, try to find some solid-colored shirts; whether they’re long-sleeved or short-sleeved, they’re sure to be a perfect match for your scarves.

• In addition to buying solid-colored shirts, invest in a few neutral-colored shirts. Neutral colors, such as black, white, gray, and brown, will allow your scarf to capture the spotlight!

• Don’t be afraid to combine different patterns! Florals and stripes make for a perfect duo!

• There are also a few different ways to sport a scarf. These include wearing the scarf around your neck like a turtle neck, or the loop through for a more relaxed look! We also can’t forget about the infinity scarf; just loop the scarf around your neck twice and you are good to go!

Scarves are an absolute necessity for the fall and winter seasons. Thankfully, one single scarf can make for many fabulous outfits. If you are new to this trend, be sure to check out stores like H&M and Forever 21, for cute, inexpensive staples. Also, Her Campus suggests taking a look at all of the scarves American Eagle Outfitters has to offer! You simply cannot go wrong with a scarf!

Hillary Coombs is a junior at Bryant University studying International Business and Marketing minoring in Chinese and Spanish. She works during the summers at Westminster Tool blogging and updating all social media accounts as well as interning in the International Affairs office. During the fall of 2012, Hillary studied abroad in Salamanca, Spain where she held a marketing internship and perfected her Spanish language. At Bryant, she works in the Office of Planning and Institutional Research gathering crucial university data and presenting it through documents to the President, Deans, and other faculty members of Bryant University. Aside from working and studying Hillary is a member of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority and Omicorn Delta Kappa. Hillary finds peace of mind staying active and running in local 5K races.