Roger Williams Park Zoo Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Roger Williams Park Zoo, located in Providence, hosts a Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular sponsored by Citizens Bank every year. Admission to the pumpkin trails  runs October 2nd through November 2nd for adults and opens at 6 pm every night. They have around 5,000 creatively carved pumpkins illuminating the paths. The theme of the pumpkins this year is “Jack-O-Lanterns from A to Z.” The scenes throughout the pumpkin trails are organized alphabetically, with history, pop culture, and inspirational figures being the reoccurring theme carved into the pumpkins. For example, D is for dinosaur, T is for famous thinkers, etc. In order to enhance the trail, there are glowing jack-o-lanterns hanging from the trees surrounding carved giants, spooky music, and fog machines. To end the path, they have their annual grand finale: the Laughing Tree. Proceeds from the Spectacular assist in supporting the zoo’s conservations efforts, as well as environmental education. Monday-Thursday it costs $12 dollars for adults, and Friday-Sunday it costs $16 dollars.